- An eschatology in which Christ returns to establish the Kingdom of Heaven after humans have finished most of the work of renewing the world. This has historically been associated with optimism about humanity’s future, as it predicts that human progress will continue in an upward trajectory, until reaching a disruptive point.
- Often combined with Preterism, which interprets many of the events of Book of Revelation as having already happened.
- Some might compare this to a belief in technological progress leading to the Singularity.
- Francis Bacon formulated a Postmillennial Eschatology
- Evangelicalism began as Postmillennialism
- Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley, George Whitefield, Charles Finney
- John Wesley (1703–1791) recovers Physical Eschatology
- Seventh-Day Adventism (1863) recovers Physical Eschatology. Act it out in health, education, personal life.
- Postmillennialism launches modern missionary movement
- Alexander Campbell’s Millennial Harbinger
- David Lipscomb
Notes mentioning this note
A Christian History of Transhumanism
Patristics & Early Church Justin Martyr & resurrection of the body Saint Irenaeus described a Transcendent Humanism Saint Macrina the...
Concepts in Christian Transhumanism
Christian Transhumanism allows for a number of distinctive concepts. Some of these are nearly foundational to Christian Transhumanism. Others are...
(15??-1626) author of: The Great Instauration The New Atlantis — one of the earliest works of science fiction essay: Francis...
An eschatology in which Christ returns to establish the Kingdom of Heaven after humans have finished most of the work...
CTA Christian Transhumanist Association Members Leadership of the CTA Statements Christian Transhumanist Affirmation Statement on Radical Life Extension Brain Augmentation...
an 1800s religious reform movement, focusing on theological minimalism, biblical interpretation, and unity among Christians influenced by the empiricism and...