Cooperation Theory of Technology
- shows up in Sir Francis Bacon and Gregory of Nyssa
- Technology is humble cooperation with natural creatures
- “Creatures” include animals, vegetables, and minerals
- Cooperating with them requires understanding them, “knowing them”
- Knowing them requires humility, humbling ourselves before them—ie, Science as Humility.
- Thus, Humans to Rule Over All Things is the same as Humans Serving All Things.
- This is supported by a reading of Genesis 1
Thus, “Knowledge is Power”
supports the Cooperation Theory of Technology
- Cooperation Theory of Technology